You need to know the signs you're addicted to KPOP. People are addicted to KPOP idols, dramas, variety shows, and might not even realize they are. Here are 34 signs you're addicted to KPOP.
1. You Have One Particular Idol Group That You Really like
You love each and every idol group, but you have one particular group you love more than any other. In the KPOP world, we call this your bias. You may be a VIP, an Elf, a Sone but you will always be a Blackjack. You are a KPOP fan but your bias is Blackjack. And that's one of the biggest signs you're addicted to KPOP.
2. You Probably Have a Favorite Entertainment Company
There are a few big entertainment companies in KPOP like, YG Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, and SM Entertainment, but you have a favorite. You are a really big fan of this company, to the extent that, you can list all of its artists in one breath.
3. You Call Yourself by the Fan Club Name
You might not realize it, but you start calling yourself a Blackjack, saying things like, “Hi, I’m a Blackjack”.
4. You Can Remember the Full Korean Names
Korean people have very long names, so to simplify them, they shorten them to English names. But you know the full Korean name of each member in Girl Generation. It's a piece of cake for you!
5. You Are Always up to Date with the Group You like
Whenever you have your phone, or are in front of the computer, your first Google search is KPOP idol groups.
6. You Spend Hours Searching for Subtitles
When Big Bang came out with Running Man, you started searching for subtitles, day one. Even if you spend hours and hours searching, it doesn’t matter, as long as you find what you need.
7. You Will Still Watch Their Show without Subtitles
It doesn’t matter if you can’t understand what they are saying, as long as you can see them laugh and smile. That is enough to make you happy all day.
8. You Will do Anything to Increase Their Youtube Views
You spend most of your time repeating the Twice MV just to increase the YouTube views. For a KPOP fan, the number of views are important, and they should surpass those of other less favorite KPOP groups. You always need the help of your close friends to do this.
9. You Learn All Their Dance Moves
You might suck at dancing, but when it comes to 2NE1, you know all of their dance routines; from Fire, to I Don’t Care, to Come Back Home, etc.
10. Watching Them Doing an Aegyo is Your Goal
When G Dragon did an aegyo, it felt like you won an Olympic gold medal! You can’t stop thinking about it, and you keep it on repeat for weeks.
11. You Will Find Yourself Taking Photos like Your Favorite the Idols
You start doing Selca like Sandara Park.
12. You Find Yourself Using Their Catchphrase
Every idol has their own cute catchphrase. Once in a while, you find yourself using the same catchphrase.
13. You Find Yourself Searching and Saving Their Photos
Your phone and laptop are full of Taeyang photos. You save his photo more than your own.
14. Even Your Ringtone is a Song of Theirs
You find yourself waking up to Black Pink songs, your ringtone is a song of theirs, and even your text tone is a song of theirs.
15. You Always Keep Yourself up to Date with Their Music Shows
Finding out their status in music shows is your everyday job. You have to know if they are still in first place, or have dropped to number 3.
16. You Never Forget to Vote
In order to help your favorite group stay in first place, you make it your job to vote for them. It is your role to support them via voting. You find yourself voting for them in every music show including Inkigayo, M Countdown, Music Bank, etc.
17. You've Cried at Least Once when They've Achieved Something
When you saw 2NE1 win the Billboard Award, you couldn't help but cry for them. You became a proud Blackjack that day.
18. You Will Leave a Comment on Their MV or Variety Shows
When Super Junior releases an MV, you can’t help but leave a comment. Of course, your comment is all about praising them, telling them how proud you are, and how you will always love them.
19. Your Playlist is Full of Their Songs
Have you ever checked your playlist? You will find that you have all the songs from Big Bang's first album, and that you have more KPOP songs than any other.
20. You Can Name All Songs from Your Favorite since Their Debut
Trust me, you can name all the songs from 2NE1 since their debut.
21. You Dislike People Who Talk Badly about Your Favorite Group
You are ready to fight back when people talk badly about them. When people write nasty things about them online, you are well equipped to fight back. For you, this means war, and you will do whatever it takes to protect your favorite group.
22. You Can Watch Them on YOUTUBE for Hours
You tell yourself you are just going to watch this one episode of 2NE1 TV, but you end up watching the whole session. And it doesn’t end there.
23. You will never get bored watching them - even after 100000 times
You find yourself watching Big Bang TV with your friends, but what they didn’t know is that you've actually watched it like 10000 times already.
24. You Sacrifice Sleep for Them
When it comes to watching SNSD in Running Man for the first time, sleep is not important. You can sit there in front of your laptop from 8PM to 5AM.
25. Their Fashion Trends Influence You
You start dressing like them. You never wore skirts before, but because Park Bom is wearing a skirt and it looks nice on her, you start to wear one as well.
26. You Change Your Hair to Match Theirs
You color your hair pink just because Top has pink hair.
27. You Can Sing in Korean Even Though You Are Not Korean
You can sing Fantastic Baby without looking at the lyrics.
28. You Know Everything about Them
There is nothing you don’t know about your favorite group. You remember every story they've told in every variety show, and are proud of it.
29. You Never Miss Their Social Media Updates
The first thing you do when you open your Instagram is look at Sandara Park's account to see what she’s up to. Or, you go to their fan account and read the latest news.
30. You Ship Them with Other Idols
Shipping idols with other idols is very popular among kpoppers. You are a big fan of Skydragon (CL and GD) or other couples and, you get excited when you see any interaction between them. You even have your own fantasies that they are actually together even though they are not.
31. You Get Excited when They do Something like Hug Fans, or Blow Kisses, Etc
You almost fainted because you saw Taeyang hug or blow a kiss to a fan. You will start screaming in front of your laptop, and call other VIP fans to share in the excitement.
32. You Have Another Account Only for the Group You like
You have an account only for your favorite group and no one knows about it.
33. You Have a Group Who Only Loves Your Favorite Idols
You have a group who only loves 2NE1 and you call yourself Blackjack. You have your own dedicated Whatapp groups. You go to 2NE1 concerts together. The only conversations you have are about 2NE1.
34. You Talk Non-stop about Them to Your Friends
When your friend asks if you are a fan of Big Bang, you say yes, and then can’t stop talking. You have a lot of things to say about them, and you want people to know about your favorites.